Blvd. Benito Juarez #4
Bahia de Tangolunda
52 (958) 583 0400 phone
52 (958) 581 0220 fax
Dreams Huatulco Resort & Spa
WEDDING FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Where do I start?
Ceremony and Reception Locations
Cost of a Destination Wedding at Dreams Huatulco
Wedding Details & Decor
What about our family and friends that cannot attend?
Do you hold destination weddings at your resort?
- Yes, we hold weddings at all of our resorts
Is there a dedicated wedding planner on site? Can she be reached by email?
- There is a dedicated wedding coordinator on site at Dreams Huatulco. Please see the email contact listed below.
Dreams Huatulco email@example.com
What services does your wedding planner provide? Is there a fee?
- There is no fee for the use of our wedding coordinators. Our specialist will be with you from day one until your special day. She will be there to answer any question you may have regarding your day!
How much time would we need to reserve our wedding in advance?
- Weddings should be reserved at least three months in advance
How can we confirm our wedding date?
- There is a Wedding Request Form listed on each of our resorts’ wedding pages. Just fill out this form and if the date is available, the weddings department at the resort will be happy to confirm!
What if we want to reserve on short notice?
- You should contact the wedding coordinator directly
How many days do we need to arrive prior to the ceremony?
- Mexico requires that you be in the country at least 4 days prior
What is the latest time that we can arrive at the resort for it to count toward the “business day” requirement?
- Arrival day does not count. You must arrive 4 full business days prior.
What is the difference between legal (civil), religious and symbolic ceremonies?
- Only a civil ceremony is legally recognized. A religious ceremony has no legal bearing and does not replace in any way the binding legal civil marriage. A renewal of vows or religious ceremony is a symbolic ceremony. It is performed by a Non denominational minister (please note that Catholic ceremonies cannot be performed outside the church). The bride and groom will receive a symbolic marriage not legally valid.
Do we need to send any documentation prior to arrival?
- Dreams Huatulco requires that they have all documents in hand at least 5 weeks prior to your wedding day. This may be sent via fax or email.
Questions to ask about the ceremony and reception:
What private indoor and outdoor areas of the resort are available for a wedding?
- Our wedding gazebo with breathtaking ocean views.
- The beach area
Are indoor spaces air-conditioned?
- Yes, our ballroom is air conditioned.
How many people can each of them accommodate?
- We can accommodate parties from 20 to 300
What about guests not staying at the resort?
- Guests who chose to come only for the event will have to purchase a day pass. This will be an additional cost. There are also special discounted children’s rates available for our family friendly resorts.
Can you email me a layout and images of these places?
- We sure can, just request these directly with the wedding coordinator
Do you have an online photo gallery or can you email me pictures of other destination weddings that have taken place at your property?
- Should you require any additional pictures, please email the wedding coordinator.
What do you offer in the way of decorations?
- We offer the table linens, tikki torches and candles.
What time of day do most destination weddings occur?
- Most guests chose to marry at sunset. Simply because it is the most romantic time!
If we want our wedding on the beach, what is the set-up?
- We can provide a decorated arch and chairs for the event. We can also provide a canopy or tent (at an additional charge).
How do I get the free wedding that is advertised?
- This package is available when staying a minimum of 7 nights in the required room category, or if you book 5 rooms in any category for a minimum of 3 nights.
Is it performed in English or Spanish?
- Most are ceremonies are performed in Spanish however, there will be an English translator. If you are having a minister perform the ceremony, they will speak English.
What if I don’t have a witness?
- If there are no witnesses available, these will be provided by the resort.
Will there be other weddings taking place during the same time as ours?
- Your special time is yours and yours only; however, there may be other weddings performed on the same day at different times and locations. We typically host two weddings per day depending on the season.
What is the cost of a destination wedding at your resort, or is it included in the price of our stay?
- We offer three packages. Rates and inclusions depend on which you prefer.
Do you offer a set destination wedding package, or do we choose the elements individually?
- We have three set packages however, you can add anything extra that you wish.
Can you email a price list to me? Do you expect those prices to change by the date of my wedding?
- Our wedding packages may be obtained right on our site, www.dreamsresorts.com. However, you may request a few extras with our wedding coordinator. These prices are always subject to change as services are provided by outside vendors.
If I want to bring friends and family members, do you offer a discount on the price of rooms?
- Group rates are available when booking 9 rooms or more.
How many guests are permitted at your standard destination wedding? What do you charge if we exceed that number?
- Packages are valid for either 10 or 20 guests. Additional guests would incur an additional charge.
Do you require a down payment? How much? When is the balance due?
- For the Wedding in Paradise Package, a $100 deposit is required. For the Dreams of Love and Dreams Ultimate Wedding Package, a $500 deposit is required. The deposits are necessary to hold and confirm the wedding dates and will be applied to the total cost of the wedding package.
What is your cancellation policy?
- If cancelled outside of 6 months, no penalties will be charged.
- Weddings canceled within 6 months of the event will be charged a penalty of the 50% deposit.
Who performs the ceremony at your resort?
- A local judge or minister will come to the resort to perform your ceremony. Should you choose to have a legal wedding with a minister, the minister services are not included in the package and will be charged separately.
What if we want a ceremony that honors a particular religion; can someone of that faith be provided?
- Catholic priests will not perform a wedding outside of the church. We can host a Jewish wedding however the bride and groom must provide their own Rabbi. Please also feel free to bring your own official if you would like a specific religious ceremony.
On the other hand, what if we want a ceremony that does not bring in religion?
- Non religious ceremonies are an option at all of our resorts.
How long is the ceremony?
- The ceremony itself only lasts about 20 minutes however, the cocktail and reception shortly follow.
What do brides and grooms typically wear at your resort for destination weddings?
- Brides usually wear the beautiful white gown as they have always dreamed of, while guys usually prefer kakis and a white dress shirt. Most couples also prefer bare feet, of course.
Will someone be available to iron my wedding dress?
- Wedding dress preparation is included in the wedding package and is done by an outside dry cleaning service.
What do you do if I schedule an outside ceremony and reception -- and it rains?
- We can host your ceremony in our ballroom.
Do you have a picture of the back up plan?
- Photos of this area should be available just as soon as the resort opens. You may request these with the wedding coordinator.
What time is the sunset and the approximate temperature an hour before?
- The sun sets between 7:30 and 8:30 in the summer months. In the autumn and winter sunset is between 6 and 6:30
What types of flowers are available locally?
- Roses, lilies, gerbera daisy, bird of paradise, orchids, etc.
Is there a florist onsite?
- No, unfortunately, there is not.
Is live music available?
- Yes there is. Please request more information with the wedding coordinator.
Can you email me an mp3 file of your house musicians?
- Unfortunately, this option is not yet available.
Can we supply our own music on CD?
- Yes, you may rent a sound system at a rate of $160.00 for your event.
Can you email me suggested menus for the reception?
- There are two menus (Silver & Gold). These may be requested through the wedding coordinator.
What can you supply in the way of a wedding cake?
- The wedding cake will be chosen by you. Once you arrive at the resort you will meet with the wedding coordinator to choose your cake.
Do you provide photography/videography services? What is the cost and what do we get for that amount?
- Yes, for prices you may contact the videographer and the photographer directly
Is there someone who can handle the legal details for us and will guide us through the process?
- Yes, the wedding coordinator deals directly with the local officials to coordinate the legalized wedding process.
What are the requirements to get a marriage license in your destination? Requirements to get married in Mexico:
- Valid passport
- Tourist Cards
- Apostille certified birth certificates for Bride & Groom (see below)
- If applicable, final Record of Divorce
- If applicable, Death Certificate
- Health certificate and blood test provided by a Mexican Official*
- Bride & Groom must arrive 4 days prior to the ceremony! (Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays do not count). *Additional costs apply.
Are witnesses required?
- Yes, four witnesses must arrive 4 days prior to the ceremony with passports and tourist cards (blue sheet received at the airport), witnesses can be provided by the hotel if needed. **Parents cannot be witnesses
What is an Apostille document, why do I need it and where do I get it?
- Apostille is a French word which means a certification. It is commonly used in English to refer to the legalization of a document for international use under the terms of the 1961 Hague Convention Abolishing the Requirement of Legalization for Foreign Public Documents. Documents which have been notarized by a notary public, and certain other documents, and then certified with a conformant apostille are accepted for legal use in all the nations that have signed the Hague Convention. (courtesy of Wikipedia, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apostille)
I was divorced less then one year ago. Can I have my civil ceremony at the resort?
- Unfortunately no. If you have been divorced you will need to wait at least one year before remarrying, and you must bring a copy of your divorce decree.
Can I translate my divorce decree and apostille document prior to my arrival to the resort?
- No, this must be done in Mexico upon arrival and should be handled by the wedding coordinator. An extra fee applies.
Do we need proof of any medical tests?
- Yes, a blood test must be taken (see below).
Do I need a blood test and if so, what diseases does it check for?
- Yes, to be considered valid the test must be taken in Mexico and should not be taken more than 14 days prior to the ceremony. The blood will be tested for HIV, RPR (sexually transmitted diseases) and blood type. The results will be ready in 24 hours together with a certificate of the blood test. Upon arrival, you will meet with the wedding coordinator to schedule your transportation to the lab for this test.
What is the price of the blood test?
- The payment varies by resort, but anywhere from $200 to $300 per couple. The payment must be made directly with the doctor in either cash or traveler’s checks or can be charged to your room account. Please check with the appropriate wedding coordinator for the exact pricing.
Can I have a doctor perform the test in my country and take the results to the resort?
- No, the test must be taken in Mexico in order to be valid, no exceptions.
Will I be able to participate in the wedding ceremony if the test comes back positive?
- No, according to Mexican Law, if your test comes back positive you can not be married in Mexico.
If we have to travel offsite to get the license, does your resort provide transportation?
- The wedding coordinator provides the license to you immediately after the ceremony, no transportation required.
If my name is different from the passport and birth certificate will this present problem?
- Yes, in order for the documents to be finalized and legal in Mexico, there must be proof for different names in order to get married (ie divorce, birth certificates, etc).
Will the judge perform the ceremony if all of our documents are not in order? Are there any exceptions?
- No, there are no exceptions. All documents must be presented, and they must be in order for the ceremony to take place. If not, there is no ceremony.
For the Guests Who Can't Attend Our Destination Wedding
Help them to be there in more than spirit.
Can you make a webcam available during the ceremony?
- Plans are currently underway to have webcams available for our wedding ceremonies. Please contact the wedding coordinator for details.
How long will it take to get our pictures back, and can they be quickly posted on an online album?
- If you choose a photographer provided by our wedding coordinator, expect to receive your photos and photo album the day after the ceremony. Depending on the package chosen, your images will appear on DVD or in a lovely album that also includes the negatives.
What type of Internet access is available at your property?
- Every resort offers wireless internet access in the lobby for a charge, but internet access in the rooms varies by resort.
More Destination Wedding Questions to Ask
It's your wedding. Ask away.
Do you have a dedicated honeymoon suite? Can you show me what it looks like?
- Yes, each resort offers a Honeymoon Suite or equivalent equipped with special Jacuzzi baths, and includes complimentary wedding or honeymoon packages based on length of stay. Visit the accommodations page of each resort to learn more.
Is there a private terrace or outdoor area where we can hold a rehearsal dinner?
- We can indeed accommodate a rehearsal dinner at on any of our terraces or the beach, for an extra charge.
Is there a charge for guests to participate in sports at the resort?
- For any guests staying at our resort, non-motorized water sports are included. For your guests to be able to come on the property and use all of our facilities they will need to purchase a day pass which is an extra charge of $85 usd per person.
Can you arrange a special tour or activity for our guests?
- These may be arranged through the preferred tour company set up in the resort lobby. They are more then happy to arrange the best group outing to fit your needs.
Do I need any immunizations before traveling?
- In order to travel to Mexico, you do not need any immunizations.
What is the time zone?
- Huatulco is located in the Central Time Zone
Can I drink the water?
- Yes, all of our resorts have their own water purification system allowing the water you drink to be clean and pure. Please be careful when venturing out of our resorts.
Can I bring dollars?
- Yes, American dollars are recognized and accepted in Mexico
Is it easy to enter into Mexico?
- You must have a valid passport to enter Mexico. Please visit http://travel.state.gov/passport/passport_1738.html for details.
Do you mind me asking all these questions?
- Not at all! Our wedding coordinators are happy to assist you in planning your perfect day, so please feel free to ask away.