Dreams Palm Beach
Cabeza de Toro; P. O. Box 68;
Higuey, Dominican Republic
Tel: (1) 809 552 6000
or (1) 809 687 5747
Fax: (1) 809 468 2151
Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana - Dominican Republic
WEDDING FEQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Where do I start?
Ceremony and Reception Locations
Cost of a Destination Wedding at Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana
Wedding Details & Decor
What about our family and friends that cannot attend?
Do you hold destination weddings at your resort?
- Yes, we hold weddings at all of our resorts.
Is there a dedicated wedding planner on site? Can they be reached by email?
- There are dedicated wedding coordinators on site at Dreams Palm Beach who can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
What services does your wedding planner provide? Is there a fee?
- There is no fee for the use of our wedding coordinator. A specialist will be with you to assist prior to and on your special day and they are there throughout the entire experience to answer any question you may have regarding your day!
How much time would we need to reserve our wedding in advance?
- Weddings should be reserved at least three months in advance but one year is preferable if you have exact dates in mind.
How can we confirm our wedding date?
- There is a Wedding Request Form listed on Dreams Palm Beach’s wedding page. Just fill out this form and if the date is available, the weddings department at the resort will be happy to confirm availability. The wedding will be considered confirmed only with you receive a written communication stating so.
What if we want to reserve on short notice?
- You should contact the wedding coordinator directly.
How many days do we need to arrive prior to the ceremony?
- The Dominican Republic requires that you be in the country at least three business days prior. Sundays and Dominican holidays do not count. Your arrival day does not count toward the “business day” requirement. You must arrive three FULL business days prior.
What is the difference between legal (civil), religious and symbolic ceremonies?
- In the Dominican Republic a civil ceremony is performed by a judge and religious ceremony is performed by a Catholic priest (please note that Catholic ceremonies cannot be performed on the beach). The required paperwork will need to be arranged directly with the priest. Both are legally recognized. Symbolic ceremonies and renewal of vows are performed by the wedding coordinator and have no legal bearing.
Do we need to send any documentation prior to arrival?
- The wedding department needs to have copies of the documentation (for approval) prior to arrival. The copies can be sent via email or fax.
What private indoor and outdoor areas of the resort are available for a wedding? Are indoor spaces air-conditioned?
- We have beautiful outdoor locations (beach or poolside) available for the event. For indoor receptions, air conditioned banquet rooms are also available.
How many people can each of them accommodate?
- Ballroom: 300
- Beach: 300
- Garden Gazebo: 50
- Beach Gazebo: 45
Can you email me a layout and images of these places?
- Our wedding coordinator will be happy to provide you with this information.
Do you have an online photo gallery or can you email me pictures of other destination weddings that have taken place at your property?
- Our wedding coordinator can email pictures of other weddings that have taken place at Dreams Palm Beach. You can also browse the resort’s online photo gallery.
What do you offer in the way of decorations?
- We offer different kinds of centerpieces or floral arches, based on the flowers you have selected. You can also add decorations for the columns in the gazebo.
What time of day do most destination weddings occur?
- Most legal weddings occur during the morning hours due to the availability of the judge. The wedding coordinator will be happy to reconfirm the times available with the judge for your specific date.
- Renewals of Vows & Symbolic Ceremonies are available in the afternoons and early evenings.
If we want our wedding on the beach, what is the set-up?
- White linen covered chairs, torches for the aisle, and a sound system to play your favorite music.
How do I get the free wedding that is advertised?
- This package is available when staying a minimum of 7-nights in the Honeymoon Suite or when booking 5 or more guest rooms for your wedding guests. See the wedding package details or contact the wedding coordinator to book your dates!
Is it performed in English or Spanish?
- The Civil ceremony will be performed by the judge in Spanish and the wedding coordinator will translate the ceremony.
What if I don’t have a witness?
- If there are no witnesses available, these will be provided by the resort.
Will there be other weddings taking place during the same time as ours?
- No. Your special time is yours and yours only however, there may be other weddings performed on the same day.
What is the cost of a destination wedding at your resort, or is it included in the price of our stay?
- We offer three packages. Rates and inclusions depend on which you prefer. Please refer to the main wedding package section of the website for details.
Do you offer a set destination wedding package, or do we choose the elements individually?
- We have three set packages, however you can add anything extra that you wish. Browse the Dreams Palm Beach Wedding Guide for details.
Can you email a price list to me? Do you expect those prices to change by the date of my wedding?
- Prices for our wedding packages are included on our website. For those little extra touches, a separate price list can be obtained from the wedding coordinator. These prices are always subject to change as services are provided by outside vendors.
If I want to bring friends and family members, do you offer a discount on the price of rooms?
- Group rates are available when booking 10 rooms or more. Please contact the resort’s Groups Department for more detailed information at firstname.lastname@example.org
How many guests are permitted at your standard destination wedding? What do you charge if we exceed that number?
- Packages are valid for either 10 or 20 guests. Additional guests would incur an additional charge. This applies for the cake and private dinners.
What about guests not staying at the resort?
- Guests who chose to come only for the event will have to purchase a day pass. This will be an additional cost. There are also special discounted children’s rates available.
- Half Day Pass (Excludes Dinner) $65/person
- Full Day Pass (Includes breakfast, lunch and dinner) $85/person
Why do weddings have an additional charge, when Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana is an all inclusive resort?
- Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana uses the Unlimited Luxury All Inclusive service, under this service all meals, beverage and entertainment are included by the moment you pay your room; however private functions, like weddings, events, etc, require a different set up, menu, and staff. Therefore, all these services will require additional charges.
Do you require a down payment? How much? When is the balance due?
- For the Wedding in Paradise Package, a $100 deposit is required. For the Dreams of Love and Dreams Ultimate Wedding Package, a $500 deposit is required. The deposits are necessary to hold and confirm the wedding dates and will be applied to the total cost of the wedding package.
What is your cancellation policy?
- The wedding can be canceled six or more months prior to the confirmed date without penalties. If the wedding is canceled within six months, the non-refundable deposit will be kept as a penalty. If the wedding is canceled, but the couple still travels as planned, the deposit can then be applied toward any additional room charges made during their stay.
Wedding Details & Decor
Who performs the ceremony at your resort?
- A local judge or minister will come to the resort to perform your ceremony.
What if we want a ceremony that honors a particular religion; can someone of that faith be provided?
- It can be arranged as long as there is previous notice given.
On the other hand, what if we want a ceremony that does not bring in religion?
- Non religious ceremonies are an option at all of our resorts.
How long is the ceremony?
- The ceremony itself only lasts about 20 minutes, however; the champagne toast and cutting of the cake (these are optional if the guests are having a private reception) will follow shortly after.
What do brides and grooms typically wear at your resort for destination weddings?
- Brides usually wear a beautiful white gown they have always dreamed of, while the groomsmen usually prefer khakis and a white dress shirt. Most couples also prefer bare feet on the beach, of course.
Will someone be available to iron my wedding dress?
- Wedding dress preparation is included in the wedding packages. If you do not select a wedding package, or your wedding party wants to iron/steam their outfits, our laundry service can also prepare their garments.
What do you do if I schedule an outside ceremony and reception — and it rains? Do you have a picture of the back up plan?
- The wedding ceremony and reception can be moved indoors to the ballroom. For images please contact our wedding coordinator.
What time is the sunset?
- Sunset is around 6:30 PM from October until February, in the other months sunset is around 7 PM.
What types of flowers are available locally? Is there a florist onsite?
- We work with a local florist with a wide variety of flowers to choose from - colored roses, stargazer lilies, gladiolas, and bird of paradise, etc; with a large variety of tropical flowers.
Is live music available? Can you email me an mp3 file of your house musicians?
- We have a Caribbean trio (three guitarists) available that can play in both the ceremony and reception.
Can we supply our own music on CD?
Can you email me suggested menus for the reception?
- Yes, the wedding coordinator can provide details and you can also browse sample menus in the Dreams Palm Beach Wedding Guide.
What can you supply in the way of a wedding cake?
- Once you arrive at the resort you will meet with the wedding coordinator to choose your cake. We offer a beautiful cake with white icing in the following flavors: vanilla, chocolate, strawberry, or almond. We want you to have the cake of your Dreams so should you want a specific design or flavor, please send the picture and it will be quoted separately.
Do you provide photography/videography services? What is the cost and what do we get for that amount?
- Please review the list of extras in the Wedding Guide. The cost will vary depending on which photographer you choose.
Is there someone who can handle the legal details for us and will guide us through the process?
- You need to work directly with the Dominican Consulate in your country in order to have all your documentation translated and legalized.
The wedding coordinator will deal directly with the local officials to coordinate the process of the marriage license after the wedding.
What are the requirements to get a marriage license in the Dominican Republic?
- Valid passport or Photo ID
- Original copies and photocopies of birth certificates, adoption certificates (if applicable) and name deeds (if applicable)
- Apostille (see description of document in following question)
- Single Status Affidavit in Spanish for each party, joint affidavit not acceptable. These must be notarized and state whether the bride or groom has ever been married, divorced, or widowed. Originals must be brought with you to the property.
- Parties must be at least 18 years of age.
- Original and photo copies of the decree absolute of the court if divorced. Bride has to be divorced for a minimum of 10 months
- Two witnesses with passport or photo ID, provided by the hotel if needed. The witnesses can not be family members.
- Original and photocopies of death certificates, if applicable
- Full name of both parents
What is an Apostille?
- This is a documentary device by which a government department, usually the State Department, Justice Ministry or Foreign Ministry, authenticates a document as genuine, thereby legalizing it for use in another member country.
An Apostille consists of the following:
- Name of country from which the document emanates
- Name of person signing the document
- The capacity in which the person signing the document has acted
- In the case of unsigned documents, the name of the authority which has affixed the seal or stamp
- Place of certification
- The authority issuing the certificate
- The number of the certificate
- Seal or stamp of authority issuing the certificate
- Signature of authority issuing the certificate
What is a Single Status Affidavit document, why do I need it and where do I get it?
- A single status affidavit clearly states that both parties are eligible to marry. It should be prepared by a lawyer and notarized, then sent to the Dominican Consulate for approval and translation. These documents should be brought with you for the day of the wedding and valid up to 90 days before the wedding.
I was divorced less then one year ago. Can I have my civil ceremony at the resort?
- According to Dominican Law a divorced woman has to wait 10 months before remarrying unless she is marrying the same man she divorced or she was divorced under special DR law. Then the ruling is a waiting period of 24 hours.
Do we need proof of any medical tests?
- No, there is no need for any medical tests in the Dominican Republic.
If we have to travel offsite to get the license, does your resort provide transportation?
- The Judge will duly register your Wedding Certificate at the Central Civil Board, and legalize it with the Foreign Affairs Department of the Dominican Republic; Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana will then send the wedding certificate to the couple, by courier (this procedure may take 8-12 weeks.)
If my name is different from the passport and birth certificate will this present a problem?
- First, middle and last names must show up identically in all of the following documents: passport, affidavit declaration and birth certificate. If not the Civil Judge might refuse the wedding.
Will the judge perform the ceremony if all of our documents are not in order? Are there any exceptions?
- No, there are no exceptions. All documents must be presented, and they must be in order for the ceremony to take place. If not, there is no ceremony.
Can you make a webcam available during the ceremony?
- Plans are currently underway to have webcams available for our wedding ceremonies.
How long will it take to get our pictures back, and can they be quickly posted on an online album?
- If you choose a photographer provided by our wedding coordinator, expect to receive your photos and photo album the day after the ceremony. Depending on the package chosen, your images will appear on DVD or in a lovely album that also includes the negatives.
What type of Internet access is available at your property?
- Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana offers wireless internet access in the lobby for a charge, and an internet café.
Do you have a dedicated honeymoon suite? Can you show me what it looks like?
- Yes, Dreams Palm Beach offers a Honeymoon Suite that comes are equipped with a Jacuzzi bath as well as a host of other special amenities.
Is there a private terrace or outdoor area where we can hold a rehearsal dinner?
- We can accommodate a rehearsal dinner at any one of our restaurants depending on the number of guests, as well as a private location (Beach or Pool area), for an extra charge.
Is there a charge for guests to participate in sports at the resort?
- No, non-motorized water sports are included.
Can you arrange a special tour or activity for our guests?
- These may be arranged through the preferred tour company set up in the resort lobby. They are more then happy to arrange the best group outing to fit your needs.
Do I need any immunizations before traveling?
- In order to travel to the Dominican Republic you do not need any immunizations.
What is the time zone?
- La Romana and Punta Cana, Dominican Republic are in the Eastern Time Zone.
Can I drink the water?
- We do not recommend drinking the water from the tap. All water and ice served in the restaurants and bars is purified. Please be careful when venturing out of Dreams Palm Beach.
Can I bring dollars?
- Yes, American dollars are recognized and accepted in the Dominican Republic
Is it easy to enter into the Dominican Republic?
- You must have a valid passport to enter into the Dominican Republic. Please visit http://travel.state.gov/passport/passport_1738.html for details.
Do you mind me asking all these questions?
- Not at all! Our wedding coordinator is happy to assist you in planning your perfect day, so please feel free to ask away.
And be sure to browse the Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana Wedding Guide for further details.