Dreams La Romana Resort & Spa is committed to making the world a greener place. Our friendly staff work together to promote a socially responsible environment to our guests. To show our commitment, we are involved in various programs, practices and activities here at the resort. Read below to learn all about what we do to promote the protection of our Earth.
- Rainforest Alliance Certified™: Received this due to its commitment to reducing impact of its activities on the planet and local communities.
- Blue Flag Certified Beach: Dreams La Romana’s beach received the Blue Flag certification - a world-renowned eco-label and prestigious award for meeting and maintaining stringent environmental, educational, safety-related and access-related criteria.
- Participation in “Green Week”: Environmental awareness, recycling contest, tree planning, environmental talks amongst staff and guests.
- Social Activities in the Local Community: Green-focused social activities at orphanages and nursing homes, in which the staff deliver aid to these facilities and people such as: food, school supplies and clothing.
- Planting of trees, recycling and proper disposal of hazardous waste, and beach cleaning.
- Environmental awareness to our staff in our weekly newsletter.
- Participation in environmental activities sponsored by the DR Dominican Hotel Association.