The following requirements are for legal marriages only. The Wedding Coordinator must receive the following documents to begin the application for marriage in the Civil Registry Office.
- Bride, Groom & Witnesses must arrive 3 business days prior to the wedding day (Saturdays, Sundays & Holidays do not count). Symbolic and non-legal ceremonies allow flexibility for arrival date.
- Valid passports. If the Bride is divorced and kept her married name on her passport, please contact your Wedding Coordinator for more information.
- Tourist Card (Received upon arrival at the airport)
- The names, addresses, nationalities, ages, occupation, relationship, copy of a tourist card and a valid identification of the four witnesses. The Wedding Coordinator will fill out the legal form. The witnesses can be relatives, friends or anyone who has a valid passport.
- $300 USD + taxes (per couple) fee for blood test must be taken in Mexico. To be considered valid, the test should not be taken more than 14 days prior to the ceremony. The blood will be tested for HIV, STD’s (sexually transmitted diseases) and blood type. The results will be ready in 24 hours together with a certificate of the blood test. Your Wedding Coordinator will make those arrangements for you, usually early morning the day after arrival.
- Judge’s transportation fee. Round trip from the city is $80 USD + taxes.
- $500 usd + taxes for the city hall court fees and application process.
- 4 Witnesses with valid passport & tourist card. The names, addresses, nationalities, ages, occupation, relationship, copy of a tourist card and a valid passport of the 4 witnesses. Wedding Coordinator will send you the legal form. The witnesses can be relatives, friends or anyone with a valid passport. If you don´t provide witnesses we can provide them at $25 USD + taxes each.
- The Marriage Certificate is only valid in Mexico. To make the Marriage Certificate legal internationally, the Wedding Coordinator will send a copy of your License to the Validation Process. The fee will be $165 USD + taxes. The process will take 2-3 months. Once the document is apostilled, the resort will send all documentation to couples home address. Documents will be in Spanish but can be translated for an additional $100 USD + taxes (shipping fee is included).
None of the above mentioned services are included in our Wedding Packages. It is the couple’s responsibility to have all the documents ready before the wedding. Please discuss requirements with your Wedding Coordinator.