Mexican law requires a blood test. The blood test are taken in Mexico. They are not valid if it is taken elsewhere. To be considered valid the test should not be taken more than 14 days prior to the ceremony. The blood will be tested for HIV, RPR (sexually transmitted diseases) and blood type. The results will be ready in 24 hours together with a certificate of the blood test and the charge will be $250 USD per couple to be paid directly to the doctor the day when test is taken.
- Another fee that you should consider is the judge’s transportation. They usually perform the civil ceremony in their office, however is flexible to come to the resort if transportation is provided. The round trip from the city is $55 USD. This should be paid in cash to the judge the wedding date, which you can arrange this in advance through the wedding coordinator.
- The names, addresses, nationalities, ages, occupation, relationship, copy of a tourist card and a valid identification of the four witnesses should be provide. The wedding coordinator will send you the legal form, the witnesses could be relatives, friends or anyone who has valid passport and over 18 years old.
- The marriage certificate is only valid in Mexico. In order to make it legal internationally, the wedding coordinator will send a copy of your license to validation process.
- The fee for the validation process, translation of marriage license and shipping will be $165 USD. This should be paid in cash before the wedding. The process may take up to three to four months to be done. Once the document is apostilled and translated in English, the resort will send all documentation to your home address. Please, if you don’t receive the document in the time frame, contact the wedding coordinator for update your complete address and phone number.
- If someone is divorced, they must send a scanned copy of the divorce decree and birth certificate apostil, so the resort can send it to be translated in Spanish by a certified translator in Mexico.
- None of the above mentioned services are included in our wedding packages and must be paid in cash before the wedding. All the prices are subject to change without previous notice.
- It is the couple’s responsibility to have all the documents ready before the wedding. Update your complete address and phone number.
- Symbolic wedding (performed by a minister) also applies to vow renewal ceremonies
- Wedding couple must arrive three days before the wedding and no papers are necessary. In this ceremony, you can add your own vows or sand ceremony